Monday, August 15th.
I finally didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to take more Tylenol, but made it all the way through, so I'm doing a lot better. This is Day 6 since start of symptoms, though, so I guess that's not unexpected. I did have a little light-headedness this morning, though. Dad took me on an early trip to Walmart in Hood River to get some laxatives for Sylvain. We also picked up some colored paints for the bee box decorating project. As we were heading out of White Salmon, two wild turkeys ran across the street in front of us.
Later, Dad went to the hardware store to get white paint to use as the bee box base and then the girls each painted the base coat on their boxes.
Late morning, we loaded into the van and set off for the Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood as Maeva had expressed an interest in touching snow. We arrived just before noon. We walked through the old lodge that was built in 1936-7 as a WPA depression project, then found lunch at the bar in the newer day lodge, which had outdoor seating on a sunny south-facing deck. I had an amber ale with my vegetarian chili and the thought crossed my mind, though I didn't share it, that it did not measure up to my favorite Alaskan Amber. After lunch, we walked up the hill a ways until we got to some snow. The occasional skier or snowboarder would come down and end their run there. A friendly skier volunteered to take our photo. Afterwards, there was a brief snoball fight, then the girls made a tiny snowman before we said our goodbyes to the mountain and headed back down.
On the drive back, we stopped at a fruit stand for peaches, nectarines, cherries and apple cider that we started consuming for snack when we got home.
Dad got the girls set up doing the decorative painting on their bee boxes while he went to the store for pizza cheese. He returned with a few extra things, including a pack of Alaskan Amber! Yippee, my favorite.
Painting, pizza dinner with brownies and chocolate ice cream, deer walk and story time rounded off the day.



1 comments:
Those are the brightest, happiest bee boxes I've seen!
Post a Comment