The morning routine went off without a hitch, even after a two+-week break. The girls even found the time to put a few pieces each into the Waikiki puzzle. Then Sylvain and the girls each headed back to their respective schools. (My semester doesn't begin until the 23rd.) The girls, at least, were happy to be going back, though Maëva seemed a bit nervous about her morning science test, doing some last-minute studying before breakfast. It was something about liquids that do and don't mix and the resulting homogenous vs heterogenous solutions.
After dropoff, I did aqua bike, then ran a few errands, including a trip to the electronics store for a blender and a programmable electric kettle. I was ready to spend several hundred euros. However, I couldn't find either of my chosen products on the shelves and there was no one around to help me. I left and looked on their website when I got home. I can't get delivery until the 18th, so I might as well wait to order until the winter sales start on the 11th. With a bit of luck, one or both might be on sale. For the rest of the day, I did miscellaneous work-related administrative tasks.
2023 is starting off with a green growth spurt here. One of my kitchen orchids has a new bud stem and the Christmas cactus, which lives under the skylight in the bathroom, finally has a few beautiful bright red buds.
Happy 10th Birthday to Colin!
0 comments:
Post a Comment