Saturday, January 7, 2023

Since Wednesday

Thursday we finished Wednesday. I think we all enjoyed it. Friday, Colin's birthday cards from Mom and Tanya both arrived.


Saturday, Rachel had a basketball game in the afternoon, up in Edmonds. Nicole dropped Rachel off at Lincoln, then came back and got me, and we drove to Edmonds. We still got there before Rachel's bus, before the school was even open.

Rachel didn't get to play until the final four minutes of the game, but she got to finish it out. The Edmonds team scored the first four points of the game, and it took a while for Lincoln to get going, but it ended up pretty lopsided, with Lincoln winning 38-15.

We stopped to get pizza on the way home. We had a few minutes to kill, so Rachel and I went into the used bookstore nearby. She didn't find anything, but I got another Richard Powers novel, Plowing the Dark.

We took down the Christmas tree today, but we still haven't eaten our thirteenth dessert yet. We decided last night to eat it for breakfast, but then this morning I forgot. Perhaps tomorrow morning will work out.

Nicole took apart the Mendenhall Glacier puzzle today and started working on the Moscow (Idaho) U.S. Geological Survey puzzle. It's a smaller 400 pieces.

Here's how Lloyd spent the day.


2 comments:

Tanya said...

Looking forward to hearing your take on that Powers.

Roy said...

It's not at the front of the queue, but I'll probably read it this year.