Monday was day nine for Rachel, with last Saturday as day zero. District policy seems to allow her to return to school on Wednesday, regardless of test results. Her test today was still faintly positive, but the chance that she remains contagious must be very small.
It was very cold this morning. I walked with the boys to school. Colin's jacket wasn't warm enough, but he refused my offer to bring him his ski coat. Eric was wearing layers. My hands got cold even with my gloves, but then those gloves are not especially warm.
I walked Lydia to the bus stop, too, before taking a detour home. I convinced her to wear a coat, but she took it off as soon as she got to the bus stop. Admittedly, the sun had warmed things slightly by then. Many of her fellow students also seemed under-dressed, so perhaps winter coats are not cool these days. Were they ever? Maybe the puffy vests.
On my walk I saw a man and a dog. The man rolled a tennis ball out into the street, maybe to encourage the dog away from me? The dog followed the ball momentarily, but then watched it roll away, and off it went down the hill. The man cut his losses and continued up the hill. I followed the ball down. It rolled for a couple blocks before stopping.
Lydia asked me to share this riddle: What do you call an innocent grasshopper? The answer: Katydidn't.
Did I mention Eric lost a tooth yesterday? I think I forgot to. Here he is before, when it was still a snaggle. And a few more black and white portraits from dinner tonight:
Who wanted none of this? Lydia didn't.




1 comments:
We've had a couple of cold nights. 23F this morning, and 11F yesterday. But we get a warm up today around noon to 40F or so, and the next 10 days are forecast to get into the 40s, though many nights will get to freezing or below. Good thing that the heated waterer for the chickens is working well.
Post a Comment