The first full weekend of the new year had some good and some frustrating.
Saturday afternoon, I made another batch of cinnamon rolls. They rose this time and I ate a piping hot one just out of the oven. Delicious! Meanwhile, the girls were at the pump track in Géménos with Stella, Appoline and Fabien. Unfortunately, it turns out the electric scooter is too heavy for that activity. So we learned the girls need new scooters. Plus, Maëva now wants a skateboard.
Saturday evening, I did another round of lice treatments on the girls and we had another family movie night. This time we watched a French comedy from the early 80s (I think) with Gérard Depardieu and Pierre Richard called La Chèvre. It's about an extremely unlucky young woman who goes missing while on vacation in Mexico. No one can find her until her father's workplace psychologist comes up with the theory that it will take an equally unlucky person to track her down. Luckily, they have just such a person in their accounting department. We had an intermission so the girls could shampoo their hair and sit down to dinner. I combed Laureva's hair out first and was hopeful that the lice plague was finally over as her hair was clear. My relief was short-lived, however. In spite of the weekly lice treatments we've been doing since December 16th, Maëva once again not only had nits, but also had lice. And four that I combed out were still moving, despite the product being on her head for nearly two hours (the instructions call for one).
This morning, I did another treatment on Maëva and started washing all her bedding. Lambie went in the freezer. I sprayed disenfectant (that's supposed to kill lice) on her mattress, Basil, Tiger's couch hippo, and the car headrests. When I combed out Maëva's hair, there was one dead louse and a few nits, so it appears we got all the live ones, at least, for now.
Also this morning, while the girls were doing their homework, I made another batch of Evan's molasses ginger cookies. They turned out tastier this time because I was able to use molasses (instead of maple syrup) that I ordered from an online American market.
In the afternoon, we went to Sophie and Jimmy's for gâteau des rois. Léon is hoping to go to Canada to work for awhile and was registering for the visa lottery.
0 comments:
Post a Comment