Day 12:
Saturday, July 5
Barcelona
Walked to Casa Batlló which was super pretty and not what I expected at all. Then we walked to get fancy churros (mine was cream filled with berries on top) and see Sagrada Familia which was unreal! We stopped at the FC Barça store but prices were crazy--almost $160 for a jersey?? We had lunch at El Manaba, an Ecuadorian place. Two guitarists came and played live music, which was fun. On the way home, Grandma and Grandpa and I stopped at a little boutique to get some dresses for Grandma, then I went with Mom and the boys to get them haircuts. It was funny because the barber doing their hair called over the other guy to show him their hair, and then asked us where we're from and asked us if we had gotten their hair cut in the US. I said yes, my mom did it! We were all laughing because when she does it she just cuts their hair short, which probably made it grow in "weird" and we were joking about her being a professional and how they have an extra chair that she could work with them. The boys' haircuts turned out really cute and I think they both like them. A few of us later walked about 30 mins to La Boqueria, a huge market that was super cool but overstimulating. We got some juices, olives, and I got a skewer of chocolate strawberries and a cup of ham and cheese to eat on the walk back. We had dinner at Gyoza House which was tasty. The humidity here is rough but it's a bit cooler than the other cities and it's gorgeous!




2 comments:
Did you tour the inside of the Sagrada Familia?
No, just walked around the outside. It was very busy and some of our group was tired of looking at churches. I think I'll go inside when I'm back for university
Post a Comment