Grandpa was doing much better today. We were there for about an hour. He was fixated on the normal grandpa things, providing his usual color, and staying engaged, which was a vast change from the previous couple days.
I got ahold of dad and we webcammed for a bit. I think G'pa enjoyed it. He seemed to perk up a bit when he saw dad on the screen.
He also had some nice yellow roses from Meredith. I asked him if anyone had called today, and he said he didn't know, but he had a note from Meredith (he was referring to the note that came with the flowers). If you want to call, his # is 405.307.5080 (I think).
It's GREAT to see the picture -- thank you. I called and talked to him about 6:30 our time, probably after you had come and gone. He did indeed sound much more like himself, and joked and laughed a little bit. A great relief! He mentioned the roses but said they had been taken away & he couldn't see them...I am glad to hear that you saw them, I hope they were just moved temporarily.
8 comments:
Grandpa was doing much better today. We were there for about an hour. He was fixated on the normal grandpa things, providing his usual color, and staying engaged, which was a vast change from the previous couple days.
I got ahold of dad and we webcammed for a bit. I think G'pa enjoyed it. He seemed to perk up a bit when he saw dad on the screen.
He also had some nice yellow roses from Meredith. I asked him if anyone had called today, and he said he didn't know, but he had a note from Meredith (he was referring to the note that came with the flowers). If you want to call, his # is 405.307.5080 (I think).
He looks like he's feeling MUCH better in this picture. Thanks, Evan.
It's GREAT to see the picture -- thank you. I called and talked to him about 6:30 our time, probably after you had come and gone. He did indeed sound much more like himself, and joked and laughed a little bit. A great relief! He mentioned the roses but said they had been taken away & he couldn't see them...I am glad to hear that you saw them, I hope they were just moved temporarily.
We left at 8 central, so 6 Pacific. They were still there. I wonder if he just couldn't see them from his vantage point (in bed)?
Relieved to hear it. Didn't think it was worth bothering the hospital about, but I was a little put out.
Would you have been mad if Jenn has taken them?
Yes, he perked right up.
No, if Jenn had taken them that would have been fine.
Post a Comment