I just pulled a ham and brousse quiche out of the oven. I make one about once a week so there's always something around that Sylvain and Maëva can eat, and Sylvain has started taking pieces to school for lunch recently. I don't eat it, but I have to admit that a warm quiche being pulled out of the oven sure smells good! Mine is not a traditional quiche Lorraine, but it does have ham which I believe is the identifying characteristic. However, you can leave the ham out, or replace it with just about any kind of protein or vegetable you desire and it's still delicious. To make my quiche filling I use about two cups of brousse (a soft Corsican cheese, think of a mixture of ricotta and cottage cheese); three eggs; nutmeg, herbes de Provence and pepper to taste; and little chopped up bits of ham. Today I added a bit of left over crème fraiche (a bit like sour cream) so that it wouldn't go to waste. Pour over a crust and bake for thirty minutes until golden.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds delicious.
That does sound good. I wonder if a mixture of cottage and ricotta would be a good substitute for brousse, which I don't recall seeing here...
Using cottage cheese makes a lumpy quiche, not the smooth texture you expect. I've tried it before. I suppose you could mix or blend it, though, to get the lumps out.
Post a Comment