Thursday, June 13, 2013

Talking Lucas

Lucas' vocabulary has been increasing rapidly and he has turned into much more of a talker than Andrew ever was. The teacher in his class at school even commented to me today when I picked him up that he has picked up a lot in a very short time period.  He repeats everything you say and points to objects and pictures and says, "that" which means he wants you to say what it is called so that he can repeat it.  He mostly talks in two word phrases, one of his favorites being "another bite" which I'm sure is really surprising to all.


Tonight he said one of his first sentences (in baby grammar). I was in the kitchen and I heard him start crying in the hall. I went over and asked him what was wrong and he pointed to his foot and said, "drop cup on toe, ouch". It was very cute and quickly cured with a kiss and hug.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, nice sentence construction, Lucas!

mt San Francisco said...

Sounds like we're in for a nice stretch of "kids say the darndest things" -- and that sounds good to me!