Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hangout?

Does anyone else find Google's changes to hangouts, chat, etc. to be really annoying/confounding?

When I arrived home today, I checked on the status of a hangout. It didn't appear one was in progress, so I started one.

Roy logged on for a little bit ... Roy Taylor (RJ) that is. He told me to say "hi" to everyone who joined later. But, no one joined. So, mission accomplished, I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm going to work on now. I'm going to log off the computer though.

7 comments:

ket said...

I've had trouble joining the recent Hangouts, which was annoying. It seems they no longer work from Firefox, so I have to remember to use Safari. I didn't receive a Hangout notice this morning--don't know if that's a Google issue.

Roy said...

We skipped the hangout this morning because we had just gotten back from a walk in the park, and we all needed showers.

mt San Francisco said...

Low-key here...I slept in until 9:00 and then took a while to wake up.

Tanya said...

I was too tired from my Lille trip to hangout. However, I do find the recent Hangout "improvements" to be less than satisfactory.

ket said...

When I looked at my computer 8 hours after Evan started the hangout, the red invitation indicator was there. Don't know how long it took to show up.

Roy said...

I'm not sure what's going on, but it does seem like the notifications for hangouts have gotten either less consistent or more confusing, now that chat, etc., is also integrated under the "Hangouts" name.

One thing we could try is scheduling hangout events. That would do two things: 1) it would give everyone a link to the same hangout, in advance, and 2) it would let us respond in advance, so that if no one else was going to be there, time would not be wasted sitting and waiting.

I'm not sure if it's possible to set up a recurring event with a hangout attached. But setting it up once a week would not be too much trouble, especially if we took care of it during hangout time.

Roy said...

I set one up for Sunday, June 30.