Friday. Surprise drinks and dinner for friend Edwige's 40th birthday. Oops, our great idea to reserve at an Indian restaurant near the port in La Ciotat backfired. We didn't realize it was fireworks night. Stuck in traffic coming and going. But our vegetarian thali were delicious as expected. From where we were eating, we could hear the fireworks, but not see much of them. I didn't bother to get up for a better view, though some of our party did.
Saturday. Bastille Day. Maëva spent the day with Jackye and Gabrielle. Sylvain went with Lascours friends to Le Brusq for the day, ending with the evening fireworks display. Laureva and I went to a barbecue and pool party at her baby swimmer friend Aurélien's house. Fireworks were discussed and I said we don't usually go because we can see the Aubagne display from our place. Back home, I watched about 5 minutes of the Aubagne fireworks from the living room window when they started about 10:30. Maybe next year I should have an evening barbecue at our place so people can watch the display without having to battle traffic . . .
Sunday. Big game between France and Croatia for the World Cup final. Fingers crossed for more fireworks this evening!
0 comments:
Post a Comment