Today would have been Dad's 93rd birthday. I looked up the high temperature in Salina today and it was 93 degrees. I wonder if it was a hot day in 1927 when he was born...I don't know if he was born in a hospital or at home on the farm. I am pretty sure it wasn't tax deadline day in 1927, though! As long as he was mentally able, Dad would never have waited until the deadline anyway. The taxes would have been efficiently taken care of early in the year, I imagine, although I don't have any clear memories of that -- not something kids pay much attention to. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad!
Monday, June 15, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't tax day April 15th? I've had mine done for months ... although I pay someone to do mine.
Tax deadline were postponed due to COVID-19. I take after grandpa (or at least Meredith's idealization) and had also submitted ours before the postponement.
I know. I'd already had mine done on time, though.
Post a Comment