Friday, June 26th. Reopening Day 47.
The PTA Maternelle's end-of-year family picnic was supposed to be this evening. It's unclear to me whether or not this kind of event is once again allowed. I don't think the government has done a very good job of clearly publishing guidelines about gathering sizes and protocols. I can't find clear ones searching government websites, anyway. In any event, even if they are allowed, I don't think it's a good idea, so I would not have reinstated it. I know Laureva is disappointed as this is an event the kids always enjoy and this would have been our last.
I learned from a translation colleague this afternoon that our English department enrollment numbers are going to double in the fall as so many more students have passed than usual due to the benevolent grading policies instituted by the university during confinement. That's going to make on site classes very difficult to schedule if we hope to respect social distancing measures.
Friday, June 26, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 104
Maëva won a math challenge at school today. Eight arithmetic and logic problems which provided clues to finding a historical figure who turned out to be Julius Caesar. She got a certificate and is quite proud.
After school, I made more crêpes while the girls went swimming with Sylvain. Maëva took the leftovers from yesterday to school this morning for a classmate's going away party. Then, I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Just pass everyone through!
Woo-hoo, Maëva! So proud of your math accomplishments.
After all, as long as you register for a degree program and pay all required fees, you deserve to get the degree, don't you?
It would be terrible customer service to take their money and not give them what they paid for, wouldn't it? Not sure whether that means the education or the degree.
Indeed. The older generations of teachers don't have the same vision of higher education as the younger generation of students . . .
Post a Comment