Monday, June 22, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 100

Monday, June 22nd. Reopening Day 43. Back to school! Maëva was supposed to be leaving on her three-day class trip to Carcassonne this morning. But going back to school is just special in itself these days. 

Back to our typical school day routine this morning. Differences: Maëva was told to bring a bottle of water and individual packet of Kleenex. I set off with a mask to don upon approaching the schools. 
We arrived as usual at 8:20. I took Laureva inside while Maëva waited for her class's scheduled 8:30 entry time. At Laureva's school, parents were required to don masks and clean their hands with sanitizer before going inside. The teacher was also spraying kids' hands at the entrance to the classroom. Back outside, I waited with Maëva for her turn to go in. Her class is the last on the list. They all get their hands sprayed as they go through the gate. I kept my mask on while waiting amongst people, but most other parents did not.
Laureva came home for lunch with Marie-Elisabeth. She seems to have enjoyed her morning back at school very much. She said they didn't "work," but did some activities involving the blackboard and listened to the teacher read a story. They are going to "work" this afternoon. Laureva was happy about this schedule which leaves no time for "games" because she says she doesn't like the games at school.
Calm, quiet day at the house! Productive work-wise. Much easier to get things done with less frequent interruptions.
After school, it was quite hot. The girls went straight to the pool to cool off with Sylvain. Maëva says she enjoyed having more desk space to herself in the classroom. I'm a little unclear as to how this was possible as she also says there were only two students absent out of twenty-five. While the others were at the pool, I made a garbage and recycling run. On the way, I heard a new government PSA warning people to be vigilant as the coronavirus is still circulating and reminding them what to do in case of any symptoms.
Now, Sylvain and the girls are watching an episode of Chef in a Truck and I'm going to make veggie fajitas for dinner.

0 comments: