Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 88

Wednesday, June 10th. Reopening Day 31.

Cake for breakfast. We have a lot so we have to make meals of it!
Laureva painted this morning with some of her new supplies from Franck and Loriane. I had to head out at 8:30 to get to my dentist appointment for my new crown. Laureva said, "So you're going to be a queen now." I responded that I expected to be treated accordingly! However, when I arrived, the dentist informed me that there'd been a problem in transport. The mold she'd taken of my tooth had been damaged, so no crown today. Instead, she had to redo the mold. I have an appointment to go back for the crown, hopefully, next Wednesday afternoon.
Saw this advice from the NYT today. It seems to concord with my basic strategy, though I can't seem to get local Covid-19 statistics, so I just have to stick to national ones for France.
When I got home from the dentist, I had to interrupt Maëva's reading to go over her homework from yesterday and have her to a conjugation test. She complained about her HP reading being interrupted at the most exciting part. Then she told me that she felt like she prefered reading alone in a corner to socializing with a lot of people. Apparently, she also talked about this last night with Loriane. Then, Maëva told me that she imagined a perfect thing to do would be to take a picnic up into the hillside to read by herself and commune with nature. I can't say I disagree.
Early afternoon, I had a videoconference interview for a senior lecturer position at the University of Avignon. I instructed the girls to stay in their room until I came to get them. After, Laureva told me she'd had to go to the bathroom and had crawled past so as not to be seen on screen.
While the girls did piano, I worked on a chocolate layer cake for Frédérique. 
After the girls' piano lessons, Jackye and Alain stopped by to give Laureva her birthday gift. 
In the evening, we headed over to the Barrat's for Frédérique's birthday dinner. Just the two families. 
After the past two days, I think I'm going to try to lay low for the upcoming week. 

1 comments:

Rone' said...

I agree with Maeva! Tell her I want to go with her. I'll bring my own book and be very quiet! I wish I could do it today.