Monday, November 29, 2021

Back to work

Out of sight, out of mind. I almost forgot my acorns today. I remembered them after bedtime. They looked like this, before refreshing the water, significantly lighter than yesterday:

It was pretty successful getting the children back to school this morning. They all got pumpkin cookies so I didn't have to cut apples. The Coe kids were out the door in record time, at least for a Monday. Nicole took Rachel this morning, because Paola et al. just got back from Hawaii today.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. The family practice finally accepted me as a patient. Nicole and the kids have been going there since we moved to Seattle. It had been five years since my last physical. I have to go back on Friday for some blood tests, but so far everything seems normal. I walked there, as the day was cloudy but not wet. It only took fifteen minutes door to door, and I had left early and allowed longer, so I got to take a bonus walk before checking in at 10:15.

It was a shortened work day for me after that, and I had several meetings, but I at least managed to process all my email from last week and started looking at documents that had piled up.

Rachel had piano, and Nicole didn't want to cook again after four days of Thanksgiving, so I ordered from Malena's and Nicole and I walked to pick it up after she got home. With the clouds for insulation, it felt pretty warm, even after dark.

Nicole was working on shooting star decorations for the front yard after dinner. I read my book and watched Eric run laps around the first floor, counting as he went past the dining table. He asked to play Boomerang Fu just before bedtime, and we managed to fit in two rounds. For bedtime reading, Eric asked for the Roblox book we found in a Little Free Library last year. I discovered it has chapters about building your own games, which seems exciting. Lydia has taken an interest.

Nicole and I both started looking for booster shots today. Cases are not increasing in Washington State yet, and King County still has a per capita rate well below the state average, but it seems likely that another surge will eventually reach us, too. Our pharmacy's web site says they're still offering boosters only to qualifying patients, but maybe it's not up to date, or perhaps we can find somewhere else. The family practice doesn't provide them, because of inadequate refrigeration, but they offered me a flu shot.

4 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

Probably ideal not to get flu and COVID shots on the same day, although I hope you find boosters soon! It sounds very cool to be able to walk to your doctor.

Tanya said...

I think Evan and Julie did. The government is also recommending it over here. That doesn't necessarily mean it's ideal. Probably depends on your own personal idea of ideal.

Roy said...

I had already had a flu shot in October, so I declined the offer.

Tanya said...

Next time ask if you can have it for your sister's family in France!