Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Dark and windy night

Tuesday was much more normal than Monday, which sadly means that I didn't leave the house. By the time I left work a few minutes before five, it was extremely dark, both outside and in the basement. I might start turning on the lights remotely.


Abhinav took Rachel to school this morning, but won't tomorrow. Flavia has to quarantine due to a possible contact case in one of her classes. Today, Nicole went back to Lynnwood for a refresh of her hairdo. She also got to talk to her grandpa for about an hour in the afternoon. She put the shooting stars she's been working on outside, as well, and took a photo for her mom, but I didn't get to see them, as I was replacing a battery in the side door sensor at the time.

I watched an interesting Veritasium video at lunchtime about how bicycle steering and balance works. This evening, I showed it to the children, minus Rachel. Nicole watched, too. Then we learned about bowling technology, and about the Ames window illusion, from other videos on the channel.

Rachel, meanwhile, was making some cookies for her Instagram project. Just in time, because the pumpkin ones are almost gone. She also got a new book today, having earned the opportunity with two recent completions. Her unread list must surely have shrunk significantly under this regime, right? Having just finished Six of Crows, she opted for Crooked Kingdom, its sequel. She also picked up one that I had ordered, and mostly forgotten about, for someone else.


I got to read some, and refreshed my acorn water again. Tomorrow I'll do a taste test before deciding whether to refill the water or go ahead with drying.

0 comments: