Tuesday morning, Amie woke me up a couple minutes before my alarm. The morning proceeded without a hitch, except Eric didn't want to go to school because his elbow still hurts from a rug burn he got on the slide on Sunday. I put on my shoes and walked him to school. We talked about how dark it was, and how next week will be lighter because of the time change.
Nicole had a lunch date with our apartment neighbor Rachelle. I just worked. In the afternoon, our Rachel sent me a text asking if the book she pre-ordered was available at the bookstore. It wasn't, because the shipment was damaged.
We had leftovers for dinner, and then the boys had a bath. Nicole had read an article about train travel and was looking at Amtrak routes around the west. I finished another chapter of Genji. After their bath, I cut some apples for the boys and played a couple games of Trouble with them before bedtime. Rachel read me her book report for English class.
At reading time, Taran was learning from a weaver woman, so Colin and I watched a video to understand what it meant to card wool. He was more interested than I anticipated. Now he's asleep, as usual, but Eric is still going. I haven't checked election results. I think it can wait until tomorrow.
3 comments:
Do you remember the Amtrak trip from Nebraska to Seattle when you were little? I found mention of it in one of Mom's calendars - when they drove us up to Nebraska to catch the train.
I vaguely remember looking out the window and discussing whether one should look at the foreground or the background to best see and avoid dizziness.
I have some memories of the train ride. Hastings, Nebraska. 1988, right? After Dana & Cece's wedding? I was thinking that we went both ways on the train, but maybe we flew to Denver? I recall a room at the back of the train, at least for part of the ride, and playing Mad Libs there. Probably card games, too. Maybe we switched trains, because I also remember spending time in a coach section, but that could just have been walking through.
Did we transfer in Sacramento? That's the route Amtrak gives me now. 69 hours and 9 minutes.
Post a Comment