Saturday, November 13, 2021

Family vaccination

Saturday morning, Nicole took delivery of two new sets of German tables and benches. They're going to live in the garage, and the old one went back into the basement. We didn't set it up there, yet, though, as it will be in the way of dancing. We'll see how that resolves.


Nicole harvested the last of the tomatillos. I had left them in spite of the change in the weather because the plants were still green. There were quite a few sizable fruits out there after all. Joined with the ones that were waiting in the fridge, we have quite a lot.

In the early afternoon we set off for Magnolia for our vaccination appointment. They were set up in the school cafeteria. Nicole stayed with the kids while Rachel and I went across the room to wait. We watched from a distance as they each sat down and got their shot with no fuss at all. I was impressed. Eric said it hurt, but he didn't otherwise complain. A couple other children who came through while we were waiting out our ten minutes were not having such a good time.

We got some gelato from nearby Nutty Squirrel to celebrate, and then drove up to Greenwood to visit a store called ReCreative so Rachel could get a few photo props. She's working on transitioning from a fall to a winter theme. Did I already say that?

Paola and family came for dinner and Unlock! I called in an order to Malena's. We always get the same thing there: veggie burritos for Lydia and me, adobada burritos for Nicole and Rachel, and rice and beans for the boys. When the food arrived (Paola picked it up), I was surprised to see that my burrito was marked "grilled veggies". We've ordered it that way a couple times, but I didn't specify today. I guess they know it's for us.

After dinner, we went downstairs to play Just Dance again. The kids had already begun, and Eric was with them. He participated throughout the evening, though he seemed frustrated at coming in last place all the time. There was one song, though, that he came in first on—"Poster Girl"—and it's no fluke, because he did it at least four times. It's a bit of a mystery.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Yes, you did.

Tanya said...

Glad to hear it went well!

Galen Tromble said...

Getting the booster on Wednesday. I'll try to take it as well as the grandkids!