Wednesday was another dry day in Seattle, but I squandered it by staying inside. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, though there's more dry weather to come.
I had meetings both before and after lunch, so I had to move quickly at lunch time. Since I'd forgotten to do it before work, I took a short break mid-morning to mix some bread dough. I eventually baked the loaf tonight, after scoring it differently in hopes that it would expand lengthwise and fit in the bread box. This very nearly worked, but alas.
The kids were home early after piano, and Colin helped Nicole cook the Impossible sausage for dinner. He hasn't spent a lot of time in the kitchen up to now, other than occasional baking, so that was nice to see. Later he asked me to help him find his wallet so he could take it to Ken's Market. Nicole walked there with the boys.
Nicole found the missing stocking today. This is the large stocking from a set of five that Mom made for us to go with one she had made Rachel earlier. It had gone to Idaho with us for Christmas, 2019, and we hadn't seen it since, at least that we could remember. Well, it turns out it was in one of the Christmas bins. I thought we had looked in all of them last year, but maybe that was actually all but the one it was in. It's a mystery, but not a very interesting one, in the end.
While Nicole sorted through the Christmas bins this evening, checking lights and planning a tree theme, I read and then played bumper pool with Eric. I finished chapter fifty-one of Genji, leaving only three more and 103 pages. I might finish it in November after all.
1 comments:
Up until now, we just put all the shatterproof ornaments on the tree and it ends up varying jewel toned colors. I was playing around with the idea of an all white tree (the tree itself will be real and green), then using the colorful ornaments around the house in other ways. Rachel is on board with that idea, so we ordered a few more white ornaments. I think it will work. We usually get the tree December 6th, but I'll put up the other stuff just after Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment