Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Snakes and geese

Tuesday continued the nice weather in Seattle. I wore my jacket on the way to work, but carried it home. Eric wanted to play more table tennis after dinner. He's been watching ping pong channels on YouTube, and today he learned about a shot called "snake". You wait until the ball passes below the height of the table, then hit it high in the air with a lot of side spin, and because your opponent couldn't see which way you hit it, they can't tell which way it will bounce.


We were practicing that. It will take some work. I'm not totally sure without video evidence to review, but it seemed to be like our shots were curving more than the examples we saw before the bounce. Given all the spin, I don't understand how to keep them from curving and giving away the direction.

Goslings were out this morning. I tried to keep a respectful distance.
They seemed chilly when I took a walking meeting later on.

Today's garden photo is buds on the prickly pear: