Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 283

Tuesday, December 22nd. Happy Birthday to Meredith!
I gave two hour-long English lessons this morning, then headed out to pick up our groceries. As I was standing in the parking lot waiting for my delivery, I encountered both Sophie and Clement coming out of the store.
Today's mail brought several Christmas cards and a box from Mary in Strasbourg with a fresh stolle de Noel that smells fabulously cinnamonny. I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!
This afternoon, around yoga, I did more translation grading. 
Laureva's teacher set up a reading rally for her class, too, and sent us an email about it this afternoon. She sent us a separate message inviting Laureva to do the second grade level as she reads so well. Laureva started right away. 
Jenny stopped by about 6 with a bag of old books for Maëva. We sat socially distanced in the veranda and shared my last Abita Christmas ale. 
This evening, we sang I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and Petit Papa Noël. 
Effective R is back above one for France today: 1.03.

0 comments: