Thursday, December 24th. Christmas Eve.
On this final day of Advent, Twinkle was found swinging from a suspended tree decoration in the kitchen wearing a mask.
We opened the last windows on our Advent calendars this morning, then I broke down the boxes. The girls remarked upon how bare the space they were in looks now. Yesterday, Jenny reminded me of the Advent calendars we used to have as kids: just simple windows with pictures inside. No chocolates or gifts!? The girls were dumbfounded.
Once again, while I did the exercise bike, I sent the girls downstairs to find five more things each for the give-away box. Then, they played some Qui est-ce?, the three of us played some Défi Nature and I made a 1/4 batch of eggnog from the three yolks left over after making the gingerbread house icing. I'm sure that will be quite enough since the French people never drink much and there are less opportunities for sharing it around this year.
We sang after lunch since we probably won't have the opportunity this evening: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, All I Want for Christmas Is You (per Laureva's request as she had been pouting when we sang it the other night) and Home for the Holidays.
More grading during the girls' reading time this afternoon. Contined grading after a short garbage/recycling run when the girls went out to play tennis with Sylvain.
After tennis, the girls got their plates of goodies and notes ready for Santa, Twinkle and Fleur. It's quite the spread.
Christmas Eve dinner was organized by Marie-Elisabeth. We did it in the veranda with Alain, Jackye, Caroline, Vincent, Gabrielle and Louis.

0 comments:
Post a Comment