Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 270

Sunday was a relaxing day at home. The kids found books and gourmet hot chocolate items, including personalized glass mugs, in the vicinity of their shoes this morning. We showed off the tree at the hangout, then decorated it in the afternoon. Nicole added ribbons and beads before handing off the ornaments to the children. They put them on the tree, but also tried them on as earrings.


Lydia is working on a school newspaper website with friends from Coe. They started yesterday, and have made a lot of progress in a short time. The same could be said for the Harry Potter puzzle. I also spent the day reading and helping with the festivities.

The rye loaf turned out pretty good. I'll bake it a bit longer next time, but the rise was adequate. I threw together a regular bread dough this evening to bake tomorrow. We had some of Nicole's eggnog after dinner. Less dense and sweet than the store-bought stuff. Definitely an improvement. I don't remember the last time I had homemade eggnog that wasn't spiked. Maybe never?

I read to the boys during their bath, and to the family at bed time. I'm hoping we can get through the current one and move on to some of the new books.

4 comments:

ket said...

Other than some definitely not spiked eggnog mom made when I was a kid, the only homemade eggnog I've had was Tanya's which was definitely not not spiked.

Tanya said...

Ha ha ha. Yes, it certainly puts the Merry in Christmas, all right?!

Roy said...

Ho ho ho, you mean?

Tanya said...

Yes, that, too!