Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 279

Tuesday in Seattle involved multiple trips to the school for Nicole, and delivery excursions for the girls, but no outside time for me. My dough from last night was not as far along as I hoped, probably due to less starter than ideal, but I managed to bake it into something fluffy and delicious nonetheless. A half-size loaf went with Colin as a gift for his teacher when he went to drop off his card and pick up materials.


I finished up what I was working on just at five o'clock today. It's rare that the timing is quite so nice. I made guacamole to go with Nicole's burgers and then played hide and seek with the boys before dinner was ready. During dinner, we received our fruit delivery. I ordered extra apples and pears, since this is the last week of the fall CSA. I think we can make them last through the next three weeks.

After dinner, Nicole, Rachel, and I started watching Nausicaä again, in the light of its mention in the slime molds chapter I read a few weeks ago. We got to the halfway point before it was time to go upstairs. We finished reading Troubletwisters. Colin seems interested in continuing the series, but I don't know if anyone else will go along. I'm expecting to finish The Last Man soon, too, on Kindle. I started Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology, on paper.

0 comments: