Monday was back to summery weather, though not really warm, upper 60s only. In fact, the skies were clear as early as last night. I saw the moon before I went to sleep, somewhere near full.
I walked with Eric and Lydia to school. Colin had gone ahead. Eric kept wanting to run to catch up to Lydia, then he tripped and fell across the street from the school. Fortunately, he had his sleeves pulled up by the thumb holes, so scraping was kept to a minimum. He was the first one in line for his class, but had no trouble finding it. He kept looking over at me while waiting to go inside. His mask was bothering him.
I didn't hear much about school today. Colin was supposed to have a five minute presentation about himself, but his turn hasn't come up yet. Probably tomorrow.
I kept putting off lunch time trying to finish one more thing, until it was almost one o'clock. I guess I had had a late breakfast, because I didn't eat it until after I came back from drop off. By the time I was ready to eat lunch, Nicole had made something for me. She spent the day rearranging all the items in the basement that belong in the garage, and moved many of them back out there. I helped her with more after dinner.
In addition to pizza dinner, I administered a COVID test for Eric—negative, helped Lydia with a Zelda downloadable content order, and sat down long enough to read almost one whole page of Les Chouans. Soon it was time to read to the boys. We got through chapter eighteen of The Black Cauldron. Only two are left. Some of the characters have revealed surprises.
The school COVID dashboard showed another increase in cases in week three, but only one new case at Hamilton, and zero at Coe. King County continues a very slow decrease in new cases since the peak at the beginning of August. Washington State and the nation as a whole may have peaked, but it's hard to tell. The news had another story about vaccines for children maybe coming soon, the terrible milestone of one in five hundred Americans dead from the virus, and the weird idea that some people think vaccine promoters are using reverse psychology. I didn't get the whole thread on that last one, though. I'm afraid if can't really be explained.
0 comments:
Post a Comment