Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Crunching


Having been given the wonderful opportunity to have a new video in an exhibition in New York, something I would very much like to do, I am now immersed in actually making it. It's been on the front burner since May, but as it is another piece working with the dancers, I had to think of what the piece was overall, then have them do their part, now we are at the stage of compositing dancers/drawings/other video and photos together. And of course not everything is working as expected—maybe even nothing is working as expected—and it's all about figuring out how to make it good with what is actually happening. I am grateful to be working with a video editor who is also an old friend—the man who introduced me to Anwyl. I hope we can pull it off, but the only thing guaranteed is that we will learn a lot. Sharing an in-progress still that I liked above...the general theme is photosynthesis, although it's an appreciation rather than explanatory video.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

That is a very appealing and pleasant image.

Galen Tromble said...

Hope the project finds its way to completion.

mt San Francisco said...

Me, too! Thanks, Tanya.