Thursday, September 30th.
The news was reporting this morning about the list of départements in which mask mandates will be lifted for elementary students starting Monday. Forty-seven départements have made the list. The Paris region and PACA are not on it. Teachers and other school staff will still be required to wear masks.
Also todqy, the Covid health pass went into effect for those age 12 and 2 months to 17. Parents were given two extra months to get teens fully vaccinated. The extra two months is to allow for kids to get vaccinated as soon as they turn twelve.
I went into Aix for lunch again. Coming out of the parking garage, I ran into my friend Mary Morigault and her husband Marc. I haven't seen them since before the pandemic began. It was nice to chat with them for a few minutes. This is Mary's last year of teaching before she retires.
The Marseille area garbage collectors are on strike again. There was garbage piled up all over the streets of Aix which was quite unpleasant.
I found a new (to me) restaurant to try, La Tomate Verte, with an outdoor table not in sight or smell of any heaps of garbage. They didn't check my health pass, but there wasn't much of anyone in my immediate vicinity. I had a delicious meal of carrot, ginger and coconut soup; Italian salad with figs, tomatoes, burrata and tofu; and orange chocolate cake. Then I went to Le Chat Pitre to pick up a book I'd ordered before heading back to the university to get some work done before class.
This evening, I felt loads better compared to yesterday. Having a better lunch probably has something to do with my energy level. But is it the whole story? A four-hour break between classes makes for a more leisurely pace for me on Thursdays, and then there's also the psychological factor of knowing I'm done teaching for the week. I'm looking forward to ringing in October with a whole day of nowhere to go.
Maeva's dance teacher sent this photo of their group today:

0 comments:
Post a Comment