Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 563

Tuesday, September 28th.

The girls started bickering loudly at 6:30am. Oh, joy. Then, traffic was backed up at the university exit. I spent at least thirty minutes inching forward very slowly. I never saw what the problem was or had been. It took me over an hour to get to the university whereas it usually takes about thirty minutes. On the upside, it was very nice to have an office to go into today rather than taking my chances in the hallway.

The Education Minister has announced a new protocol for class closures that will be tested in ten different départements starting next week. Instead of sending the whole class home when a case is detected, they will test the whole class and only send home those kids who test positive. Thursday, the list will be published of départements where the elementary school mask requirement will be lifted on Monday. There are currently 57 départements under the incidence rate of 50. That's slightly more than half. In the BDR, it's still currently at 150.

The French pharmaceutical company Sanofi has renounced development of its RNA messenger Covid vaccine, citing a saturated market.

Sylvain had some friends over today for a boules court warming. It was nearly dark when I arrived home shortly before 8pm and they were finishing up a game. I read to the girls - Katie Kazoo and Sherlock Holmes - and then had a glass of wine outside on the veranda with those who were left. There was just about one glass worth left in one bottle. About 9, Sylvain and four others went to play another game on the square in the village. I got some dinner together, watched a few episodes of Pennyworth, and enjoyed some of the guys' leftover desserts: chocolate mousse and a caramel nut tart.

0 comments: