Tuesday morning was a race. Nicole once again sold t-shirts at the school. I had a dentist appointment at 8, just across the street from the school, and was planning to walk with the kids, but by the time they were ready to leave, I hadn't finished my breakfast, so I sent Lydia to deliver Eric to his line, and followed a few minutes later after brushing my teeth. I stopped by to check in with Nicole, but the kids were already inside.
I've found the key to healthy gums. It's flossing, of course. But in case you need a commitment device for flossing, eating a breakfast each morning that riddles your teeth with tiny seeds works wonders.
On the way back from the dentist I saw Lydia at recess playing tetherball with her friends. She didn't seem to see me, though. Nicole had not yet returned from taking Rachel to school when I got home. She stopped at the library to return some books. I mixed up some dough for overdue bread. I hadn't had enough starter to make both bread and pizza Monday morning.
The kids came home briefly in the afternoon, long enough for me to see them running past my office window, but then they went to their first after-school Spanish class of the year. Evidently, they were split into two classes, with Eric in a different group than Lydia and Colin, but he was with one of his kindergarten classmates, at least.
About school today, I learned what Eric had for lunch, partly, and that Colin went to the library and saw a copy of The Black Cauldron there, but didn't find the book he was looking for, which he couldn't or wouldn't identify. He also didn't admit to knowing what book he has in his desk.
Lydia brought home an in-progress drawing of a centaur for her Greek mythology unit. Both I and Nicole helped her with it more this evening, after her negative COVID test. Meanwhile Rachel was working on geometry homework consisting of definitions and illustrations thereof. She also had me read over her Instagram project proposal.
I got Eric's replacement iPad set up and Lydia helped him finish his practice work on SeeSaw, then he and I played Overcooked on the Switch. Lydia and Colin joined us when they had finished their respective activities. That and reading time completed the night for us. We're almost halfway through our book, but Colin keeps falling asleep.
2 comments:
Nice that Lydia helps Eric with his work.
Flossing can also be useful for embarrassing children. It is quite versatile.
Post a Comment