Friday, September 10, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 545

Friday, September 10th. Happy 10th Birthday to Lucas!

After school drop off, I went for a walk with Fred and Harikana. Fred informed me that a class was closed at the Lascours elementary school yesterday at lunch time. It's the 2nd/3rd grade class that our downhill neighbors' daughter, Alice, is in. I believe, if I understand the current protocols correctly, this means that all the students in the class will have to be tested both immediately and again seven days from now, after which the class will reopen, minus any students who may test positive the second time.
We also found out today that Jeannette Négrel's elderly mother has tested positive for Covid. She hasn't been able to get out of bed for the past three days. Jeannette, who Marie-Elisabeth goes walking with several times a week, and her husband Jean-Louis both tested negative today.
I continued class prep today, but at a very leisurely pace. I'm finding the grape cleanse to be more tiring this year, probably due to an accumulation of fatigue and stress before I started.
This evening, I went to the parent-teacher meeting for Laureva's class. This fall, they're going to be working with slime mold and doing an experiment with Thomas Pesquet, the French astronaut who's currently on the International Space Station.
Today was another gray day, with rain off and on. For story time, we continued Camp Rules and finished "The Reigate Squires."

0 comments: