Thursday, Rachel texted me at work asking if we could go to a Storm game this summer, maybe even the one tonight. I thought about it, and saw no reason not to. Carpe diem, I guess. Lydia also wanted to go, so I got three tickets.
I walked to the farmer's market after work, and the kids walked to meet me there. We picked up a little produce and then got dinner for everyone and sat on the grass to eat it. Nicole came by bike later, as she had been at home with the piano technician.
I had to pack up my desk today at work because we're moving to new seats on the bottom floor next week. Hopefully, it will be warmer down there. I handed off my backpack and the produce to Nicole, and she took the boys home by bike while the girls and I walked over to the bus stop on the Avenue. We took the 13 down to Harrison St and walked one block to Climate Pledge Arena. We got inside and in line for t-shirts, but they ran out just as we arrived at the front of the line.
The Storm faced the Washington Mystics tonight, the same team as the last time we attended a game, near Rachel's birthday in 2018. Alysha Clark has changed sides since then. Elena Delle Donne was injured last time. Tonight she had twenty points. But the passing of Sue Bird and the scoring of Jewell Loyd, Ezi Magbegor, and Breanna Stewart prevailed.
We had to wait about ten minutes outside the arena for the number 1 bus, but it drops us off a block from home, which is very convenient. Both girls seemed to have a good time. We'll probably do it again before the season ends in August.
2 comments:
Nice that the transit is so convenient.
Yes. I would have been perfectly happy to walk down the hill to the game, but the way home is twice as long and uphill, and the bus is practically door to door.
Post a Comment