Monday morning, I headed to the office, but not before Nicole took Amie to the vet. It was already warm. I found my new desk and got it set up in plenty of time for my first meeting. The view of the canal is different from the floor above, but still much preferable to the parking lot. There weren't a lot of people in my part of the office today, but the cafeteria was very busy nonetheless.
By the time I walked home, it was very warm out, but the sun was behind a cloud, so though it was at or nearly ninety degrees, it didn't feel oppressive. I was thinking this might have been the hottest day since last June, but I found we hit 93 on August 13 last year, so not quite. Tomorrow is supposed to have a high of 66. The wind was blowing away some of the heat this evening.
Nicole's friend and her daughter, Colin's friend, came over shortly after I arrived home. The kids played with water guns while the mothers chatted in the back yard. I read my book. We had a late dinner after Rachel and I ordered sushi and noodles and went to pick it up by bike. After dinner, Nicole and I sat in the backyard a while longer while it grew dark enough to see the Big Dipper. I thought I felt mosquitoes, but never found any stuck to my hand. We returned inside rather late for a dessert of mango mochi, strawberries, tapioca pudding, and cherries for Colin.
Amie seems to be doing OK, although it's unclear she's getting much medication, as the anti-nausea pills seem to trigger a gag reflex. We are still awaiting confirmation of the UTI diagnosis, because her concentration is too low for an immediate result.
1 comments:
So sorry to hear that Amie is not feeling well and hoping that you have some more good time with her.
Post a Comment