Friday morning, the girls and I did Covid tests. All negative. I didn't ask for the guest kids to be tested this time, but I wanted to make sure our household was Covid free before having people overnight. (It turns out my plan didn't work. See my "Lascours C19 Life, Day 820" post.)
I picked up the three girls' overnight bags outside of school, then headed up to the university to meet with some students about their translation exam results. After Fred's birthday lunch on the patio at Il'Mio in Aubagne, I hurried home to decorate koala cupcakes before school got out. I think I managed pretty well. I showed the photo to Penny and got the Australian stamp of approval:Laureva's guests - Iris, Apolline and Stella - stayed from Friday after school to Saturday at 5pm. Activities included: feeding hibiscus blossoms to the tortoises, swimming, watching Descendants 1 and 2, playing Pokémon on the Switch, making up their faces to look like various species of feline, writing and performing a sketch about four felines who wake up with super powers and have to save the world from the evil eagle, blowing up balloons, and a little bit of jumping on the trampoline, though not much as it was pretty hot. They stayed up incredibly late (midnight) and got up rather early (6am).
The girls were sad once all the guests had gone. The house seemed quite empty all of a sudden. I instructed them to clean up and told them it would make them feel better. I'm not sure they were convinced, but they did it anyway.




0 comments:
Post a Comment