Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home again, Home again

I pulled into the driveway with the van load of Tromble things just before 3:30 today. I had a nice drive, and fulfilled a goal of getting a nice view of the Shenandoah Valley on the drive up I81 from Knoxville, TN. Last time I made the trek, just before Thanksgiving a few years back, it was foggy the whole way and I didn't see much but the road. The area around Harrisonburg I thought was especially nice. There's a broad valley with rolling hills and lots of farms ringed by mountains, but the mountains don't loom over you there. I'm a bit worn out from 2 days of driving on the heels of the Oklahoma bug, but then I think about Nicole being 8.8 months pregnant and hosting birthday parties and holiday open house -- I have NO excuse!

1 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

Yeah, I know... Nicole is an inspiration to us all! So glad you made it back without incident.