I asked to have our Christmas dinner with Tom's parents on Sunday afternoon. (I originally suggested Monday night but that was a work night for Tom.) Tom cooked turkey, gravy, and brussels sprouts (! - somewhere he'd found a 'tree' of fresh ones). We also took Tom-made spiced yams left over from my work's holiday potluck. His mom made mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, rhubarb pie and apple pie and provided ice cream. I attended and ate. We enjoyed a couple of hours visiting with his parents, then his mother went off to a dance and we came home.
So I enjoyed Christmas day as a relaxing holiday free of interruption. I caught up on a few chore-type and some want-to activities that hadn't been fitting into weekends. In the afternoon, Tom & I drove to the end of the North Douglas highway. The clearish, cold weather continued so no falling snow but I got to walk on a snowy, frozen path to the beach. We arrived in time to sit and watch a beautiful sunset. Back home, I got in a bit more relaxing before we went early to bed. It felt like the most productive, relaxing day I've had in awhile.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Quiet Christmas
Posted by
ket
at
9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
... and filling.....
Yum....sounds delicious. And like a perfect holiday!
The snow arrived today.
Post a Comment