2012 has been a weird year for us for various reasons and if I remember correctly, we have had zero dinner parties this year. That's very unusual for us. I did organize the big party for Sylvain's fortieth and we did have people over for Maëva's birthday barbecue. But aside from birthdays . . . we didn't have friends over much. I even skipped Thanksgiving this year and it's my favorite holiday. The year for me has been a period of contrasting extremes. Maëva is an angel and has brought lots of joy. Things are going in the right direction for me professionally. We had a great August trip to the States and four friends got married this summer with beautiful celebrations. On the other hand, the outcome of Sylvain's exam this spring was a great disappointment to him. Gu's passing this July was a sad time for the whole family. And my health problems in October and November put a damper on things once again. We're hoping things will be back to "normal" in 2013. January 4th, Mary B. and I have planned to cook a holiday-ish Thanksgiving/Christmas meal to share with Sylvain and her boyfriend, Ivan. Hopefully that will get us off to a good start.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We, too, would like to have more dinner parties in 2013! I hope it will be an even-keel year for us all.
Post a Comment