Monday, October 5th.
Maeva was happy to go back to school this morning. She was worried about being late "for her first day back" after the Covid test episode. She said it very dramatically as if it'd been ages.
As I didn't have to drive up to Aix, I got some spinning in before settling down to work. Then, long day of teaching from 11am on. It mostly went well. Some Zoom uncooperation to end the day. Also, some trouble with a student who has been noise bombing some Zoom class sessions. So helpful.
For story time, we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar then some more Through the Looking Glass. We're on the white queen chapter. She's quite the crazy character, as are they all.
5 comments:
Noise bombing?
Logging onto a Zoom class and playing disruptive sounds. One student has been disrupting class session with tracks of Coranic verses, cat sounds and something else that I can't remember. I've only heard the Coranic verses myself and managed to solve the problem by muting everyone's mics. However, he's caused more disruption in other classes. Other colleagues have had problems with students taking over the chat box with profanities. That problem is easily solved by disabling the chat, but then no one can use it for actual pedagogical purposes.
Sorry you have to deal with the disruptions. Sounds like the university should look into disciplinary measures for that kind of behavior.
I think they are. A colleague has been gathering evidence.
Norman had someone bomb a City Council Zoom meeting. I can't remember what they did - may have been nude - but whatever was quite disruptive. Fortunately, I don't have to watch those.
Post a Comment