Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 211

Sunday, October 11th. 

Got up shortly after 7 to go unplug Ellie Bluebell only to find she hadn't charged at all. I'm not sure what happened. Guess I'll try again tonight. 
This morning, I baked bread, made pizza and pink funfetti cupcakes. Laureva's friend Mathilde came over to play from 10 to 11:45. Laureva gave her her friendship necklace. The three girls ate candy, worked on a puzzle and played dress-up. When Mathilde left shortly before lunch, the girls started getting out our Halloween decorations.
This afternoon, I helped the girls make some more PAELP padlets and they worked on some posts to fill in back information. They were very enthusiastic about the project. I had to make them stop for bath time.
Hangout in two sessions this evening. First, with Evan and Julie. Ev amused the girls by blowing gum bubbles and popping them all over his face. We learned about the unfortunate port-o-potty incident at the new house and even got to see it first hand. Yuck. The girls enjoyed Evan and Julie's tour of the neighborhood's Halloween decorations and now think we also need skeletons climbing all over ours! Second, with Roy, Nicole, Rachel, Dad and a brief appearance by Eric at the end. Maeva wanted to talk about the new PAELP padlets and pretty much turned it into another meeting. At each session, we briefly saw Mom with Andrew and Lucas who are visiting her right now. She had them hard at work in the garden, but they seemed quite happy about it. Later, Andrew took a break to climb a tree.
For story time, we read Mr. Clumsy and continued Through the Looking Glass. We just finished the chapter about the lion and the unicorn. Maeva asked me whether I thought Alice's experience this time was also a dream or whether it was real. I said we'd just have to wait to find out. I'm afraid she's going to be disappointed with the ending, but we'll see . . .

0 comments: