Saturday, October 31st. L2D2. Happy Halloween!
I did my spinning while the girls had their piano lesson via Skype. Then I dropped the Kaysville box off at the post office. Back home, I made pizza.
Maëva's classmate Lana's afternoon Halloween party was cancelled due to confinement. However, that meant Maëva was available to participate in her friend Amanda's birthday party which was reorganized via Zoom. Starting at 2:30pm, the kids made carrot cake, did a HP house test prepared by Amanda's brother Jaime and did a HP quiz hosted by Amanda's dad David. Meanwhile, I hid candy outside for a candy hunt to replace trick-or-treating. Marie-Elisabeth did the girls' makeup and when Maëva's cake came out of the oven, she showed it to the Zoom group and said her goodbyes.Then the girls, Sylvain and Marie-Elisabeth all grabbed Halloween buckets and went out to hunt for candy. I think they found it all, but I didn't think to count the number of pieces I hid, so I can't be 100% sure.
The cancelled Halloween party also meant Maëva was free to read The Cursed Child with Rachel. They got down to it at 5pm, an hour earlier than usual since we already set the time back, and finished the play today.
I wrote an email to the AK Absentee Voter office to inquire about how to find out whether my ballot had been received as I couldn't manage to find the information on their website. I got an automatic response that wasn't really helpful given my situation. I didn't expect anything more over the weekend and figured I'd have to call them. However, just a few minutes later, I got an actual personalized message from a real person informing me that my ballot had been received October 2nd. Yeah!
On the bad news front, Covid-19 is extending its presence in Lascours.
Léon has tested positive along with many of his friends. I'm sure he'll be find. The worry is for Sophie who is in a high risk category due to her pacemaker and other health issues. The three of them are each in separate rooms and wearing masks for any interactions.
Timéo's parents are also positive. Guillaume caught it from his boss.
The Bouvet's son's girlfriend is positive.
Amongst the older Lascoudains, the Longs, Nicolas and Bégoins are positive. The men brought it back from a four-wheeling weekend.
Things are not looking great just now...

1 comments:
That seems like a lot of people with Covid within your close circle. This is touching all of us directly in a way that most big news events don't.
Post a Comment