Friday, October 9, 2020

October 9, When I'm Sixty-Four

 For my 64th birthday, I:

- did yoga with Tanya and Jenny, and learned that Tanya thought I was 66 years old.

- went to the farm to pick lettuce for the second week. I'm weighing the lettuce to better understand how much we have and how much we can harvest each week.

- stopped at Whole Foods to see if they had Lil Boose's food - they've been out for a while. They did, so LB will be happy.

- joined the PAELP Monarch and Magpie session at noon my time, and received a nice round of "Happy Birthday" spanning two continents and an ocean.

- played with Lil Boose until she captured the cardboard toy.

- pulled out the bush bean plants which were done, and added compost to the bed

- chipped some leafy branches I had trimmed off shrubs and trees a few days ago

- put the chips around the garden bed I was working on, to keep grass and weeds at bay

- went for a walk down to the park

- used the Seek app to identify some plants and insects

- cooked dinner - ate dinner

- went to the farm - took the compost temperatures - came home with green beans and another eggplant

- made tea from my Tulsi (Holy Basil) plant

- listened to Meredith and Anwyl sing me happy birthday and then hang up - I think they thought they got voicemail

- hung out with Pam and Lil Boose

So, not much....

5 comments:

ET said...

I was running late to PT, so I had to run fast. I did 6.25 miles in 45:11. I made it there 5 minutes early.

Tanya said...

I just subtracted wrong. Oops.

mt San Francisco said...

Yikes! Yes, we thought we were in voicemail. Apologies!!!

Galen Tromble said...

That's a pretty good clip, Evan - 7:13/mi if I calculate correctly.

ET said...

Yes. It was near my 10K record time ... if I'd known what it was, I might have tried to beat it. It is downhill to PT (about 500 ft, I think), so that helps. But, it's also at elevation and seemed to be a bit into the wind.