Friday, October 30, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 230

Friday, October 30th. Sainte Bienvenue, Maëva's fête

Our Harry Potter pumpkins from Wednesday.
Maëva: left. Laureva: right.
This morning, as I was finishing up my spinning, Fred called to ask me whether I'd received her text messages about going for a walk. I hadn't, but I said I could go. I got off the bike, filled out my online honor statement, put on my shoes and jacket and headed out to meet her. This isn't really allowed. You're allowed out for individual exercise for an hour within a one-kilometer radius of your home. But we figured we could always just say we'd met up on the road by chance and would be separating at the next intersection. Her text messages came through about halfway through our walk.
Back home, I printed out three first-grade math worksheets for Laureva to work on (per her own request) while Maëva worked on her India presentation slides.
This afternoon, after yoga, I did some grading. Alain and Gabrielle stopped by for a few minutes - they walked up from Roquevaire - so Gabrielle could say goodbye. They're driving her home tomorrow. Then I made a veggie lasagna as the girls went into high tidying up gear so they could have permission to sleep next door.
Jenny's son's girlfriends results have come back positive, so now her whole family has to get tested. They have appointments for the dreaded nose swabs on Monday, but wanted to do antibody tests today in the hopes of easing their minds if they came back negative or helping to organize themselves in the event that some were positive and others negative. However, when they got to the pharmacy, it was to find that they were out of tests.
The government has finally decided that elementary students should wear masks at school, so that will be a new adventure for the girls on Monday. 
Momond's brother-in-law passed away yesterday. The doctors had decided againt ICU treatment for him as his case was severe and ICU beds were needed for other patients. He had just been getting hospice care for the past few days. He had a severe case of Alzheimer's, but wasn't "elderly" as I last reported. He was only sixty-nine. He caught Covid in his nursing home facility.

0 comments: