Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 223

Tuesday was nice and sunny. After my afternoon meeting, I had to go outside for a bit to enjoy it. The daylight is collapsing to barely extend beyond working hours, so some schedule creativity may be required to take advantage in the coming months.

I found a few more tomatoes that will ripen on the windowsill, and I picked some tomatillos after discovering a broken branch. There were quite a few besides that branch's that seemed ready enough to let the plants focus on others. The beans are all doing well, and the second sunflower is blooming from the outside in.

The girls rode bikes in the afternoon to pick up some Spanish workbooks we ordered from the bookstore. The boys made excursions with Nicole today. Then after dinner, after dark, all but Lydia joined me on a walk. We took an indirect route to Ken's Market. Colin found a book, but Rachel did not. We got refreshments and dessert at the market, then made our way home.

Nicole was shopping for a desk for Rachel's room. Rachel currently has the most constrained desk setup. We went upstairs to look at how it might fit, then descended to watch our nightly episodes. We ended with a fair amount of suspense, and everyone but me somehow thought we had only watched two episodes. They are pretty quick. We stopped in the living room to photograph our pumpkins.


I tried to tell a little more Long Tree, but I'm not sure how much Eric and Colin attended to. They were both making sleeping noises before long. Lydia and I talked about how big dinosaurs were, and about their names. You know, like Sue, or Stan. Or Dippy, for that matter.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Nice patch of pumpkins.