Friday, July 9th.
This morning, I let the girls play Switch while I went for a walk with Fred. We went for a short loop hike in the hills, about an hour and fifteen minutes. Afterwards, I baked a quiche for lunch and made a quick run to the pharmacy for mosquito repellent. Laureva has quite a few bites all over her legs that have been bugging her in spite of the cortisone cream recommended by Maëva's pediatrician. Last night, she woke up at 2:30 all freaked out because her bites were hurting. Even with the cream, it took awhile to calm her down. She has a citronella anklet to wear, but I think we need to add a preventive measure to our arsenal, especially when spending time outside.
We spent the afternoon at the Cassis Forest ropes course with Penny's crew. We left home shortly before 1 to pick up one of their friend's sons, Milan, in Roquevaire, so we wore masks in the car on the way. We arrived at the course about 1:30 and stayed until 7! By that time, I had a sore neck from looking up at the girls all afternoon. Much fun was had, along with some frustration. The long zip lines looked the most fun to me.
Back home, I made popcorn while the girls showered. They had asked to watch Ghostbusters again. Sylvain was out with friends, so we watched the movie during dinner time and then they went to bed a little late.
The Health Minister has said the Delta variant will be dominant in France sometime over the weekend. President Macron is scheduled to address the nation about Covid sometime next week, in conjuction with a Bastille Day speech, perhaps.



1 comments:
That second shot makes it look like Laureva has really BIG feet!
Post a Comment