Monday, July 19th.
There was no noise from the handyman this morning, and neither of the girls were up before 7. It was a pity that I had to wake them up so they could be ready to leave for the beach with Marie-Elisabeth at 8.
While they were away, I did the exercise bike and wrapped Maëva's birthday presents. Sylvain went outside to move rocks and dirt around for the terrain de boules.
The girls were back by lunch time. They reported the water had been cold, only 20°C. Maëva only went in up to her chest.
This afternoon when I returned from my physical therapy appointment, the girls were in the pool. After, they tidied up and asked to watch some more Bureau of Magical Things until dinner time.
Various other things got done today, as well. I checked my work email to find one cryptic message from a student; they had neglected to tell me which class they were inquiring about. I put Maeva's pinata back together with the hot glue gun and found a place for it in her room. I helped Laureva order a birthday gift for her sister. I also uploaded the photos from Maeva's party and sent the album out to her friends. Here are a select few:
R is back up to 1.76 in the BDR and the incidence rate is once again over 100 in PACA. Both of those numbers are now back up over my springtime thresholds for participating in outdoor gatherings with food. However, we weren't vaccinated then. On the other hand, Delta wasn't a major thing, yet. I haven't figured out what guidelines to use for modifying our behavior now that we are vaccinated, but the girls aren't. Do I revert to my previous plan, or come up with another? I haven't yet decided.
On a related note, I've noticed it seems Delta is being capitalized in the British press, but not in American press articles.
0 comments:
Post a Comment