Sunday morning seemed brighter than usual, because everything was covered in snow. I missed most of the hangout to go outside with the boys. They were sledding down the street with the neighbors. I shoveled.
It kept snowing into the afternoon. I went for a walk with Rachel to the Sanfords', whose cat she is sitting through tomorrow. It wasn't snowing by then, just cold and crisp. But it is snowing and blowing heavily again as I write. Bushels of fun!
I didn't mention yesterday that Lydia had assembled her gift from Colin, a light seeking turtle robot. She convinced him to build two of his tinker crates today: a set of three friction climbers, and a domino placing robot. You load it with standing dominos and it evenly spaces them across the floor to be knocked down.
I finished reading An Ember in the Ashes, one of Rachel's books that she lobbied to put on my 2021 to-read list months ago. It is very YA, but sufficiently complex to keep my interest, with several unsolved mysteries held for the sequels. Rachel is reading the fourth book now.
After dinner, we watched Encanto, a new Disney animated feature. It was full of songs, none especially catchy, at least on the first listen. The story was pretty good.
2 comments:
Any chance of a pic of the light-seeking turtle robot in action?
Those robots and climbers all sound pretty awesome! Playing in the snow sounds like fun.
Post a Comment