Thursday, December 16, 2021

Winter break begins

Thursday was my last work day of 2021. I spent exactly one work day in a Google office this year. I got a new manager, lost one teammate who transferred to another project, and gained two others. I guess I got quite a few things done, but I didn't go over them before leaving my desk today, so I don't remember what they all were.


Before work, I started the dough for teacher gifts. I didn't mix the seeds into the dough yet at the time, because I had to get to a meeting. When I did that later, the flour was already well hydrated and not very accepting of additional moisture. But, similar to the bassinage method I tried recently, working the dough later in the afternoon eventually got everything smoothly incorporated. I baked them this evening—ten mini loaves: nine for teachers and one for quality control—and while they aren't the prettiest loaves ever, they are very tasty.

Nicole was home today, but an appointment and a series of errands kept her busy. She's going to substitute tomorrow since I can handle transportation. She found a position at Ballard High School.

Lydia spent much of the evening playing with slime she got somewhere. Rachel picked up crocheting again, not having any homework, and under the influence of one of her friends, I think. I got to read a few pages of Les Chouans while waiting for the dough to proof. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow between drop off and the Coe kids returning around 1:30 (one hour early dismissal).

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Christmas Break!