Where did Thursday go? I watched another 3Blue1Brown video, starting at lunch, this time connecting yesterday's Newton fractals to the Mandelbrot set, "the poster child of math". I was almost inspired to generate seven-colored Newton fractals myself. Almost.
I worked a little past five finishing up a code review. Eric came down to inform me that I was late for dinner. By the time I sat down to eat my bowl of walking tacos, most of my family had dispersed. I wouldn't have known Rachel was even home, except that she had come into my office earlier to open the two separate boxes delivered from Amazon today containing the books from the giveaway she had won.
After dinner I read about trees and fungi while Nicole attended a diversity committee meeting in the kitchen. Later, Rachel came down to do her math homework and learned how to prove the converse of the isosceles triangle theorem. Construct the angle bisector of the unequal angle and use AAS. She also proved that parallelograms have equal opposite sides, using alternate interior angles and ASA. And, of course, CPCTC.
Hmm. I've just either realized or remembered that AAS and ASA are both actually ASAA, because two congruent angles in a triangle imply the third is also.
I asked Lydia about Spanish class instead of regular school for a change this evening, but I didn't get many answers out of her. She was also working on math. All I remember was 9.5 divided by 0.01.
I had to resort to the last loaf of emergency bread for lunches yesterday. Due to the illness on Monday, I had forgotten to feed the sourdough in time. But today I finally got that done. I'll plan to restock the freezer during winter break, which is now just five working days and six school days away.
0 comments:
Post a Comment