Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Short day

Tuesday was once again dry, but I still didn't get out of the house until after dark, to pick up some ingredients from Ken's. Rachel and I worked on gingerbread house materials, including gingerbread and sugar glass. We'll see how they turned out in the morning. We followed two different recipes for gingerbread, but somehow didn't think about bread vs cookies, so we ended up with more like the former, though thin. Perhaps Rachel will build with Graham crackers after all, and we'll just eat the bread.


This morning, we had a virtual meeting with a contractor to discuss possible house projects. We'll hear back in a few weeks, and find out whether they're completely out of our price range or just expensive.

Soon after the call was done, Nicole took a Lyft back to pick up the car. It is not completely done—they had to order a part for the antenna, but it won't be ready until next week—but we have it back in the meantime.

Beyond that, there's not much to say. I suppose we spent the shortest day of the year not doing very much, which seems appropriate.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hope there was some relaxing in there.

Rachel said...

You forget to mention that you started reading An Ember in the Ashes, which I've been trying to get you to read for FOREVER.