Friday morning, the children forgot to remind me about my blood lab appointment. I was supposed to fast. But I remembered, so all was well. I walked to the doctor's office, setting out just as Nicole was arriving home from dropping off Rachel and Flavia at school. The lab tech was ready for me early, and I left there five minutes before my appointment time, and made it home just thirteen minutes later.
In the afternoon, Nicole and I had a meeting with some neighbors to talk about heat pumps. They are planning to replace their gas furnace before next summer. When that was done, I went back to work for a few minutes to finish my interview feedback. It's never good to let that sit over a weekend.
We ordered dinner from the Indian restaurant in Lower Queen Anne, and Rachel went with me to pick it up so she could check out the used bookstore that we had failed to visit almost two weeks ago. She found four books. I got nothing. I forgot one of the things I meant to look for until we got back home.
After dinner, I did today's advent of code and then we all watched a movie, Red Notice. It was a funny treasure hunt heist twist, and solidly entertaining. Lydia made me play a round of dreidel after. The kids learned about Hanukkah this week. Colin was able to tell me today was the sixth day and that it celebrates a miracle. I beat out Lydia and Rachel to claim all the coins. They weren't chocolate, though, and I didn't get to keep them.
1 comments:
Sounds like you got jipped.
Post a Comment